NEW DATE: Invitation to participate (live or online) at the artworks auction to support Belarusian political prisoners
Motto of the auction:
For your freedom and ours!
More than one year after the so-called elections of 9 August 2020, the Belarusian authorities are continuing their repression and harassment of the Belarusian people and all organisations supporting freedom and democracy in Belarus. To this date, human rights defenders have documented hundreds of cases of torture and ill-treatment, while several people are still missing or were found dead. Currently, there are over 900 political prisoners in Belarus and over 4 600 criminal cases open against protesters. People lose their jobs and income, their families experience various persecutions.
Therefore, in order to support Belarusian political prisoners and their families and provide them with direct financial support, the Lithuanian Artists' Association and Petras Auštrevičius, Member of the European Parliament (Renew Europe group) are pleased to invite you to participate in the art auction. Part of collected funds will be donated to the, organization helping Belarusian political prisoners and their families.
Online catalogue of all artworks is available here: https://www.ldsajunga.com/aukcionas
How to join the auction online?
During the event, auction participants will be able to virtually participate in the auction and purchase works using the Blue jeans app, by offering their bids via chat messages.
All willing to participate in the auction online are kindly invited:
1. Fill in the registration form: https://forms.gle/oFBW9ebiAx1MFKrV6
2. Transfer EUR 50 participant deposit to the auction account (bank details below). The deposit must be received not later than December 7, 23:59 (EET). In case of a purchase of an artwork, deposit will be deducted from the artwork price. If none of artworks will be purchased or purchase will be made for a lower price, the total amount or a price difference will be returned within 5 working days after the auction. IMPORTANT: The deposit must be transferred from the same bank account from which the bank payment for an artwork will be done.
Recipient: VšĮ „Dailininkų sąjungos galerija“
Special Auction Account: LT68 7044 0901 0256 0416
Bank: SEB Bankas
Amount: EUR 50
Purpose: Deposit for participation in the auction
3. By 9 December, 13:00 (EET) all registered participants, provided that deposit payment is received, will be sent the confirmation of the registration, the Blue jeans link and the participant's number.
4. Event will be broadcasted live on the Blue jeans programme. Starting prices and bids will be posted via Blue Jeans chat. All artworks will be presented to the auction in accordance with their numeration in the website of the Lithuanian Artists Union (here), therefore, all participants are kindly asked to get themselves acquainted with the auction list in advance and remember the number of the work, they would like to purchase.
5. Auction participants shall connect to the Blue jeans app, with participant number as a name no later than 15 minutes before the start of the auction (17.45 EET). Organizers are not responsible for possible technical issues or if due to the fault of the participant is not possible to identify the participant's number or its proposed bid.
5. In case of a successful purchase, buyers will be contacted within the 5 working days after the auction and provided with the information on the payment, delivery and other practical details.
Please note: Bank transfer, delivery and transportation costs are not included in the price and to be paid by the buyer.
Auction date and location
Date: 9 December, 2021
Time: 5:00-7:00 PM (CET)
Location: Artists' Union Gallery, Vokiečių g. 2, Vilnius 01130
Participants are also invited to join the live auction. Please note, that auction will be held in Lithuanian without the interpretation. Covid-passport is mandatory for all participants.
Office of Petras Auštrevičius, MEP (Renew Europe Political Group) and the Lithuanian Artists' Association
Patrons of the event:
Viktorija Čmilytė-Nielsen, Speaker of the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania and Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, Leader in the democratic opposition of Belarus
Use of donations
70 percent of each sold work, after deduction of taxes, will be donated to the organization, supporting Belarusian political prisoners and their families. 30 percent will be paid to the author of the artwork.